Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Our First Snow

I am so not ready for the cold but here you have it for Monday morning with the kids waiting for bus! Notice the metal pole they are leaning against and read story below.
Kai didn't understand the full meaning of snow and "Ice". Needless to say she wasn't all too happy with her first venture out. It was so fun watching the kids from the window that she had to get out in it. She was crying and mad but I wanted a picture so I told her to keep crying, "no problem Mom".
Just the scenery from our driveway. Okay for all of you out there who think they have the smartest best kid in the world, stop thinking this because apparantly I do! I guess here is where I will post what "brilliant" decided to do and truly she is usually a straight A student. So I go into the house with Kai and the kids are waiting for the bus. They all come running in laughing saying "mom, dad, Taya tried it." "Tried what?" "She tried sticking her tongue to the pole outside. " Genious! So they were all so excited because she got it stuck to the pole. I wish I had had the camera and for some reason I couldn't get her to do it again to take a good picture. Way too much Christmas Story movie watching in these kids. Payce always goes around laughing like the little kid on it and now Taya with this high IQ does the worst of all. And then they go on to say... well at least I didn't have to call the fire department to get it off. The end of her tongue was a little red. When it all came out in the end I guess Sydnee decided to try it to but she was bragging and they were too on how hers came right off and didn't get stuck. Hope one of them doesn't ask for a leg lamp for a Christmas gift.
It started coming down on Sunday afternoon. We had a church meeting in Flagstaff that night. It took us over an hour to get to it. But most melted by morning and this is what we were left with. I usually like the snow but have never been more excited for it "not" too come yet. I just can't tolerate the cold yet. I usually can stagger out in this stuff with shorts and a sweatshirt and be just fine but now I am thinking a real "Poofy" snow suit may not even cut it. Maybe I will resort to some Carhart insulated overalls.
So it is 3:30 am in the morning. I guess I am anxious to get to the hospital today and get this whole process over and done. I cannot take anything in there that I wish to keep because it all has to be thrown away in special trash. But let me remind you everything is still "Safe", ha! So there went my Christmas shopping venture on the internet, my three days of intense blog surfing, and anything else I was considering to do for 3 days. Oh well I am writing down my credit card number because apparently I have access to QVC. I am going to resort to doing something I hate, read a book. I finally am giving into reading "The blessed vampire" books. One anyways, the one that cost $6 and I can throw away. Hope I finish it there and am not left hanging. I am also going to try to read a paperback Doctrine and Covenants straight through. Not only will I be glowing with radioactive iodine but the spirit of God! I think I will do lots of exercising and moving around in there in my hospital gown to pass the time and sweat out the pill I don't need, ya right. Thank you to everyone who has helped us through this long process. It has been very much appreciated. Marie, Troy's mom, is staying with the kids today while there is no school, thank you Veterans, and then they will fly solo until Thursday. I am then scheduled to head to Farmington, New Mexico to begin my first classes on Footzonology but the schedule is looking pretty tight and Payce may end up playing his last game in the NAU dome on Friday night so may not make it to Farmington. Thank you to his coach for fighting for a game change from Sunday to either Friday night or Saturday. He knew Payce wasn't playing nor Troy coaching if it was this way so he is working with the Flagstaff board to get the change. I hope to be knowing soon on the outcome of the decision. So there is our story... see you fellow bloggers in a few days and hopefully no more 3:30 am blogging after this.
By The Way, the two kids did not have to sleep in bed rolls in pig pen thanks to the snow and some bargaining which we knew was coming. We got about 6 good hours of drawer cleaning out of it anyways, without fighting. I heard Payce tell Taya, it's kinda fun cleaning it out huh Taya? To find all this stuff.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't parenthood the best? What a hilarious story. Kids are so cute and amazing. We will be thinking and praying for you Kodi. You are a special young lady and mother. We (I) have always admired and respected you. I'm amased at how your first two look like Troy and the next two are spitting images of you. You and Troy have a lovely family. I'm so proud of you and the decisions you have made that got you to where you are today. You're just an awesome person. Good luck and we'll talk to you when you get out. Jim

Sharron said...

This is so funny. Kids are so predictibler, aren't they? It'll always happen to the other guy! Oh, I guess that's adults too, isn't it?

Take care and enjoy the snow, I'm jealous Easy to say from southern AZ !

Rustino Scar said...

funny, cuz a leg lamp is the ONLY thing that I want/need for Christmas. I think it would be perfect in my room. and hilarious

Rustino Scar said...

also, I love the glowing with radiation and the spirit of GOD. ahahahahahahahhaha
p.s. wish you were here for TG again. i'll eat plenty of pastries for you...and go to Wicked also.