Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Tax season is over, yeah!! It seemed like a nightmare this year with all of our "make you a stronger person" moments and me going to Montana and the firm giving me triple the work as years before, but it's over. We celebrated today. Although I did not partake I hung out to be a part of the celebration. Unlike most firms who work until midnight on April 15th, our firm closes business at eleven and says "should of gotten it in earlier." SO at around 8 this morning they started with the champagne and lemonade (just including the recipe for those interested in a good drink they say). Then at 9 out came the bloody merry's and they sipped/gulped on those until we closed and left for the restaurant where all celebrated with a shot or two of tequila and who knows what else was in it along with marguaritas. I was a big fan of the chips and salsa. Then a round of beer or two for the after meal celebration. I hope the lady next to me made it home alright. I gave her all the shots they were bringing me and she didn't seem to mind. She did seem a little more gone than the rest! Glad it's over but the money was nice. If I were a real accountant I probably would have joined on the spirits and not just the food! So my time frame revolves around quarters(tax talk) and not seasons so I wanted to catch up on some things that happened to us this first quarter. Here is Kai all healthy and happy.
On February 27th I took her to the Williams Clinic for her fever that had gone on for a couple of days. They ended up rushing her to the hospital in Flagstaff, well not rushing because they needed to get their 45 minutes in so they could charge $1800 to get us there. First time I ever drive on I-40 under 50 miles an hour besides when Troy is testing his gas mileage and wants to get the best out of each fill up. So she ends up being diagnosed with pneumo thorax. It is pnemonia outside of the lungs.
Her oxygen was in the 70's which is very low. She didn't eat for a few days but when they brought around the macaroni and cheese she went to town on it. Those are her Pepsi's surrounding her plate and that's my helathy salad sitting beside her.
She got spoiled while in their. A lot of friends sent in the gifts and toys to keep her entertained. This was a singing balloon. It took quite a cart load to take down all of her gifts to the car.
She couldn't bathe and her hair was getting so nasty so while she was sleeping one night I stayed up and braided it. It was so much easier to deal with. So after 3 days in ICU and 3 days in regular room oh and $45,000 later she is home and healthy and back to ruling the roost. We were glad she made it through this. It was very scary in the beginning.

2 comments:

Eldredge Family said...

I am sorry she got so sick. I am happy to hear that she is on the mend and doing good. Thank you for coming to the funeral it meant so much me to me to see everyone. I can't believe you are still working. I hope you are feeling okay as well. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

Taralee said...

That was quite the celebration for the end of tax session. Provo City's parties aren't as quite drastic.
Sorry to hear about your little Kai. That mad me sad to see the pictures of her in the hospital. Poor little thing. My mom used to braid my hair like that on Saturdays and then on Sunday morning she would take it out and I would have a nice, fluffy 80's style afro. Good times.
Hope your luck takes a turn for the better...