Thursday, April 16, 2009

One good dentist out there

Just want to thank our dentist!! Sydnee had a tooth really hurting her for about a week now. I was doing what i thought would work to get the infection gone and some days she was fine but others it hurt so I broke down and called the dentist to get her in today. I knew it was going to cost a ton but what's another medical bill or truck deductible, or you name it and we owe it! So she goes in and the first thing they ask is how are you going to pay for this? So Troy says well that's just it I need to arrange something and the dentist was concerned and said why what's up? He proceeded to tell her of all my medical bills, Kai's medical bills, and the not so good luck we are having at them cooperating with us on a payment plan. And the most wonderful dentist ever named Jessica said don't worry about this one. Oh my gosh Troy almost cried and so did I. I wasn't there but Troy took her in, but when he told me it was the best news. I figured it would cost around $1000. Such a big relief. There are a lot of good understanding people out there and she is one of them!
Anyways... she pulled the tooth way in the back of her mouth and some very nasty stuff came out from underneath it. The dentist even thought that her jaw was so swollen that it may not even be tooth related but after pulling the loose tooth the infection was confirmed it was the tooth. So now she has a spacer and is on the rebound! Look at that tooth. It is so big. It looks like some foreign object growing in her mouth. I mean it looks like it walked out of the treasure chest from down under the ocean. By the way I am selling the crown after I bargain with the tooth fairy for it if anyone is interested? Rustin..... need any teeth to disect at dental school? Oh ya, Rustin will be a good dentist as well when he graduates in the year 2018 and we will be mowing his yard in exchange for pulling our teeth (just had to get that in writing)!


5 comments:

Lynna said...

Don't they sometimes simply amaze you!! You fight and fight, and then there's one who blesses your life forever!! Thanks for the tender mercies!! We met our yearly maximum with Joslynn last year at the dentist!!

Rustino Scar said...

way to slip that in, Kodi! (let's not broadcast my pre-planned charity cases) :) You're supposed to do that stuff in secret.

Kodi Mortensen said...

It's not pre-planned charity, we are mowing your lawn, duh!

Crystal Eldredge said...

I understand how you feel. I bet your medical bills are out the roof though.

We have had so many funeral costs. Then Trey broke his leg and that is costing so much money. The van is totaled and have no money for a new van. Rental truck money and the list keeps going on and on. Then we got a check in the mail from the Dentist a few days ago. It was for $360 it was a refund for some past dental work on the kids. I was so happy! We really needed that money.

I am so glad the dentist did not charge you guys for the dental work. Dental work is so expensive. I hope she is feeling better. That TOOTH is huge! Huge! Poor girl. Hang in there. Your family is so adorable.

Taralee said...

I'm sorry to hear about the list of mis-haps. So stressful. I'm so glad to hear that there are some great and caring people out there.
Rustin will hook you up in the next couple of years.
I can bake some killer cookies...does that count as trade work? I really don't have any other talents.