Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Day before fair

Here is Flash and Baby Cakes for one last picture at home. We will be living at the Coconino County Fair for the next few days. Please send money to the following address. Ha! Hopefully we can hang out at our camper a lot to save from buying all the carnival food. But oh what about the Kettle Corn, and the Bean & Cheese Fried Bread, and the Snow Cones, and the Cotton Candy, and the grilled corn (oops... I won't be buying any of that this year). I have had enough corn to turn me into masa. All I need to do is be wrapped up in a corn husk and steamed. I can guarantee Troy will try the Bean and Cheese Fry Bread like everyday to bring back his chidhood memories, even if they cost $9.50! They make a killing. You could buy 50 pounds of beans, flour and lard with that much and make a million of your own.
This is her pig. Looks really pretty. Don't you wish you could be washing up a pig and showing it in front of everyone. And to think we did it and are now re-living it! Well I hope I'll blog when we get home and let you know the results. Her steer of course was very bloated tonight so I should have showed the picture of it standing uphill in the pond and tied to the Bobcat to relieve some gas! Maybe next week.

2 comments:

Lynna said...

Those were great memories!! Indian Fry Bread at the Arizona National!! They just don't die!!!
Have fun!!

Tamra and Jim said...

Good luck at the fair. Looks like everyone is ready! We're waiting for the results in a new post!